Sunday, March 8, 2009

Day 10...still no meat.

Today is proving to be the hardest yet in my quest to go for the full Lenten season w/o meat other than fish on Fridays. My daughter has joined me in this quest, and while most of the time I feel just dandy w/o it, we're having fajitas tonight. I love beef fajitas, but at least I can console myself with the portobello substitute. I've been going through some type of detox as far as I can tell, as my skin is breaking out, I have a mild rash, and I've been going through some digestive changes as well. Nothing major, but it's all very interesting.

It has been a day of ups & downs. I went to church on my own today, which was kinda nice. Alexander stayed home, since he had his big Cottilion ball today, and both kids needed a chance to sleep in. It would have been wonderful to dance with my son, but instead he chose to make the obligatory dance an absolute nightmare for me. Needless to say, after spending those few minutes on the dance floor with him telling me how furious he was with us (me) for going to the ball (only the last 30 minutes), it's going to be a while before I can feel like doing anything nice for him. A big apology from him and some serious groveling will be in order...little twerp. I sure didn't see any of the other kids spewing venom at their parents during the 3 songs that had been set aside for this purpose.

I finally got all of the paperwork in for the church trip that I'm organizing for Heifer Ranch in AR, so that was a load off my mind. One of the greeters asked if I'd be willing to help his boss with some feng shui options for his office, and maybe do some energy clearing on him, too. I was very pleased that he felt good enough about me to make that recommendation. It's just what I needed today!

Today is also the anniversary of my Dad's birth...I miss him. 2 1/2 years isn't that long for him to be gone, but some days it feels like it was just yesterday. Hope those angels know how to make German Chocolate Cake for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment