Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter...and pass the meat, please!

OK, 6 weeks later, and I have broken my animal protein fast. My digestive system is still figuring it all out, but I can honestly say that I'm not in a feasting frenzy over meat. Yeah, that chicken in my Chinese Chicken Salad from The Cheesecake Factory was tasty, but it didn't add much of anything to the salad. And my bacon this morning simply tasted greasy, not delectable like I had remembered. My taste buds were simply "whelmed". Not over- or under-, just whelmed.

Yeah, it's nice to not have that as a self-imposed restriction anymore, but I'm not going out of my way to get a big slab of beef anytime soon. Too many yummy veggies out there!

1 comment:

  1. For most of the world's population meat is a seasoning, and not the main event. Growing up in the Cornhusker State, beef was a given at evening meals. Veggies were either carrot sticks or canned corn. Congratulations on your efforts to reverse the ratio of meat to veggies.

    ReplyDelete