Saturday, February 14, 2009

Gardening woes

I think Mother Nature is conspiring against me. It seems that every time I get geared up to do yard work, a cold front moves in. OK, I know that 40 degrees doesn't qualify for an official cold front to most people, but add a nice 15 MPH wind, and it's pretty uncomfortable out there. I'm just getting over a bout w/ the latest version of a head cold, so there's no compelling reason to push my immune system.

Or is there? After all, playing in the dirt is a wonderful way to get your beneficial bacteria, and studies are showing all the time that the cleanest homes are often the sickest homes. Plus, I love having my own backyard produce, even if our new puppy will probably enjoy it more than we will. I'm just unwilling to do it all RIGHT NOW, apparently.

In the meantime, I'll have to gaze lovingly at my Mother Jones magazine and plot out my plots on paper, pick out my peat moss, and pester my progeny to pick up their rooms....

1 comment:

  1. Maybe that's the reason we seldom get sick in my house - the filth is keeping us healthy!

    ReplyDelete