Friday, December 18, 2009

Winter Solstice

The time is upon us where the nights will gradually become longer, and the daylight will thumb its nose at the preposterous notion of "savings time"...and it's time for our annual Winter Solstice celebration. This tradition began as a way to include all of our friends, several of whom are Jewish, Muslim, or simply non-Christian. Everybody can be happy about longer days, right?

And then I got the email about the family Christmas gathering from my mom.

"It is not just a winter holiday or the winter solstice as the politically correct people seem to think. How sad for the misguided, misled liberal thinkers. How I pray that the Holy Spirit would pop a light bulb of truth in their brains."

I love my family. I adore my mother. I don't agree with some of the religious or political viewpoints that my family holds, but we're still blood. So, Thanks, Mom! I really appreciate the prayers!

And, we can all appreciate the fact that we'll be able to enjoy more sunlight, minute by each precious minute. Happy Holidays, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment