Monday, May 11, 2009

Moving day...

I hate packing. I have to go through every single little thing before I put it into the box, because I loathe finding junk when I'm unpacking. Thankfully I was only moving my office from one part of the house to another. The bad part is that a chain reaction was required to do so.

First, I had to clean out our loft area, or at least one side of it. That required the assistance of my children, since it was their piles of junk that had clogged the energetic artery. Next, the requisite disagreement over where to place the desk. I compromised by putting a temporary desk arrangement downstairs in the front of the house so if I didn't keep it neat, the office furniture would be waiting for me upstairs. Finally, now that the behemoth desk is sitting vacant in the loft, freeing up the game room, we can take the remainder of the cash from the sale of our wooden fort and purchase a cool pool table/air hocky game! I'm eager to give the kids their game room, even though it means moving our nice big 50" plasma upstairs.

Moving anything stirs up a lot of stuff. I'm not just talking about dust bunnies, either. There are a lot of emotions that are attached to the things that need to be tossed. When you let go of something, it frees up your hands to receive new abundance. Maybe that's why I got 2 new clients today and the possibility of 2 more within hours of turning on my computer in the new location! I'm excited about having a space that is away from the kids, not because I don't love them, but because I love ME! I needed to find a spot in the house that wasn't predicated on practicality, but rather something that focused on helping me develop my personality as a writer.

I realized that I couldn't write while sitting in my loft. It's just not grounded enough for me to feel safe to let my ideas really flow. It's unfortunate that we have a glorious space for a big desk and room to spread out lots of files there, but if I spend too much time there, I begin to feel spacey, nauseous, and disoriented. Perhaps I'm too sensitive, or too stubborn to admit that it could work, but right now, I'm thrilled that I am sitting in the Skills & Knowledge section of my home, knowing that this will enable me to find the resources I need to begin work on my books.

First, though...a new chair. This one isn't very comfortable. And to think that I used to believe that my bottom already had enough cushion! Could this be an excuse to eat more cheesecake? Perhaps! :-)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Beverly,
    How are you? I hope things are going well for you and your family!

    XOXO
    Jen Hadfield

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's your "creativity" space?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beverly!
    How's your office coming along? Are you kids out of school for the summer?

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete